FallsLibrary vs. FallsLibraryPrinting
If you connect to the wireless network FallsLibrary, you won't have to log on, but you won't be able to print. If you connect to the wireless network FallsLibraryPrinting, you'll have to log on with your library card number and PIN, and you'll be able to print to the library's printers (requires some setup). This page tells you how to use FallsLibraryPrinting.
Connect to the wireless network "FallsLibraryPrinting." When you try to go to a new web page, you will be prompted to log in with your library card number and PIN, and to accept the library's computer use policy.
- Enter your library card number, including the letters, with no spaces; you don't need to capitalize the letters.
- By default, your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number.
- You'll be blocked from logging in if you owe the library more than $5, if the Internet privilege in your record is turned off, or if your card is expired. The circulation desk can help you with these issues.
After You Log In
After you log in, you'll see a web page that allows you to set up your computer to print to the library's printers if you want to. This page also tells you how long your session is and gives you a button you can click to end your session.
- Our wireless sessions are very long (12 hours), so your session will probably never end.
- We recommend that you keep this page open, and open a new window to use the web, so that you can come back to this page and click "end my session" when you're done.
- If you're not using your wireless session, it will time out after 30 minutes.
Getting Set Up to Print
If you want to print to the library's printers from your laptop, you'll need to install one or more printers.
- One the web page you see after you log in, look for the printer that you want; under that, find your operating system and click the "download" link beside it to run a script that automatically sets up that printer on your computer.
- After you click on "download" you'll be asked what to do with the script; choose "run", or if that's not an option, choose "save" and then double click on it to run it.
- Continue past any security warnings that come up (click "OK", "allow", etc.).
If you have Windows 7 or a Mac, you may need to update your computer's drivers, which are the files your computer uses to communicate with printers and other devices; see links below for instructions.
o Windows 7: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-Windows-updates
o Mac: support.apple.com/kb/HT1338?viewlocale=en_US
Picking Up Your Printouts
When you send something to one of our printers, it doesn't print immediately. You'll need to go to the print station computer by the printers upstairs or in Children's to pay for your printouts and print them.
- Log into a print station computer with your library card number and PIN; you can scan the barcode on your card under the monitor to ender the card number if you want.
- Put money in the coin/bill machine.
- Select the lines for the print jobs you want to print (you can hold down the control key and click to select multiple lines) and then click the Print button.
- Log off when you're finished.
If you would like to return to the web page where you can set up printers or log off of the wireless, it's at spot.cuyahogafallslibrary.org (this only works if you're connected to the library's wifi network FallsLibraryPrinting).